Information Update 7th September 2020
2020-21 Season Annual Subscription Invoices have been forwarded with payment due by Thursday 1st October 2020.
The greens are open for practice as permitted under existing COVID-19 Restrictions and wearing of face masks is compulsory whilst entry to the clubhouse is still off limits apart from Signing In/Out and using the toilet.
Until further notice Bowls Victoria interprets the current Stage 3 restrictions, to include Bowls. Therefore the following revised Stage 3 Guidelines apply.
- Outdoor bowls is limited to a maximum of 2 people per rink, with a patron cap of 10.
- 1.5 metres must be the minimum distance maintained between each rink.
- Shared equipment (jacks & mats) must not be shared and only handled by one person, and must be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
- Club houses must be closed (with the exception of toilet facilities).
- Outdoor toilet facilities can be used.
- Official training or club competitions cannot be held.
- Clubs must update all signage at the club to advise members on the new requirements.
GENERAL AROUND THE GREEN HYGIENE
- Refrain from shaking hands, high-fives or any contact with others, and keep 1.5 metres apart. Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Mats and jacks should be handled by one person only.
- Please keep your hands clean by using sanitiser readily available at the club.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Wear clean clothing.
- If you are feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- Members in a high-risk category should strongly consider whether they should or should not be playing as per their own circumstances and/or medical advice.
- If a member is sick or comes into contact with someone that may have tested positive to COVID-19, the club must let Bowls Victoria know immediately.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
At this stage, we have no idea when we will be able tore-open the clubhouse or hold our AGM but the Board will give notice and call for nominations 21 days prior to the date once we are able to conduct the AGM.
There is no new information regarding CBD Pennant however we can update the GVBD information in that they are still looking to commence on Saturday 10th October where we have a side entered in Division 6 (8 players) with a draw available at the GVBD Website https://goulburnvalley.bowls.com.au/pennant/pennant-desk/ .
CLUB FACE MASKS
We anticipate that face masks will be compulsory for quite a while yet and have ordered 50 Club Facemasks that will be available for sale at cost – $12 each, contact me to book yours!
Don’t forget to keep in touch via the clubs Facebook Page and Website at https://seymourvri.bowls.com.au/home/